Sunday, March 25, 2018

Rolleiflex Automat Model 1, RF 111A

  I had originally planned on sharing a different camera in my collection, but due to my excitement over today's acquisition, I am sharing with you my vintage Rolleiflex Automat Model 1, RF 111A TLR medium format camera, produced from 1937-1939 by Franke & Heideck, Braunschweig, Germany.

Rolleiflex Automat Model 1, RF 111A
Rolleiflex Automat Model 1, RF 111A

I was browsing around online for vintage cameras and I came across this Rolleiflex locally for a very decent price.. much less than it would have cost me on eBay, although I had to pay almost double the seller's asking price so that he would deliver it to me.   I'm very happy that everything is in working order and that this Rolleiflex is fully operational, although the internal mirror needs to be replaced because the silver is flaking, although that won't affect image quality if I ever get my hands on some 120 film.

Initially I was ecstatic, hoping this Rolleiflex was one of those that go for big bucks on eBay, but no, that's not the case, but at least I got it for a good deal less than it would have cost me on eBay.

Unfortunately I am now flat broke and can not buy the Russian cameras I had on my eBay watch list.  I'm used to that, lol..  I love old cameras and want so many others, but just can't afford them.  I can't wait until yard sales start and hope to score some nice finds.

I'm seriously contemplating on selling much of my Asian art and antiques in order to buy more cameras, even though I shouldn't.. yes.. I'm addicted to this I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment